Chumleigh Gardens, Burgess Park
These were formerly the almshouses of the Female Friendly Society. The central block (seen here on the right) dates from 1821 while the wings (one of which is here on the left) date from the 1840s. When much of the surrounding housing was demolished, the almshouses were preserved and renamed Chumleigh Gardens. A cafe is housed here as well as a World Garden.